About the Author:
I’m a people-watcher, sitting for extended periods of time just watching. Every now and then, I turn the tables on myself. I work my way up to the observation deck of my own life and watch myself…do (or not do) whatever. No judgment. No warnings. Just observation.
One thing I’ve noticed in myself (though thankfully less so as of late) and in others is that, for some reason…we get into these places, these spaces in our lives where it’s as if we need a permission slip to truly live the life we desire, to truly BE who we are. So on this bright, airy Spring day, I decided I would write us all a few “permission slips”. Perhaps they’ll resignate with you.
1. Give yourself permission to dream today. To dream BIGGER than ever before. SEE yourself in the dream, LIVING it…out loud…on Purpose.
2. Give yourself permission to show up as your authentic self, as you are today – not who you used to be or who you hope to be tomorrow or the next day. Show up. NOW. Just as you are. No more unnecessary role-playing. Free yourself to simply BE yourself.
3. Give yourself permission to be “selfish” on occasion in the interest of saving your sanity, guarding your peace and loving yourself. Say “NO” when you want to and do so without apology, explanation or guilt. Give yourself permission to let people help themselves, “fix” themselves, “rescue” themselves. Sometimes it’s very much about S.O.S…Saving Our Selves. Consider it a form of “strength training”.
4. Give yourself permission to be good to yourself. Let this set the standard for others in your life. Give yourself permission to be bold, brave, beautiful and brilliant. All the seeds are within. Cultivate them. Harvest your most beautiful self.
5. Give yourself permission to change your mind and choose again if what you choose no longer serves your highest good. Give yourself permission to walk away from whatever isn’t helping you do, be or have “better”.
6. Give yourself permission to create the life you truly desire then step squarely into the middle of that life and LIVE! Give yourself permission to live the life your soul craves.
7. Give yourself permission to define success and a roadmap for reaching it on YOUR terms. To enjoy every leg of your journey. To trust the process and the purpose. Give yourself permission to grow, to stretch, to learn, to unlearn, to raise the bar for yourself. Give yourself permission to make mistakes, to fail AND to recover. These things neither CONFINE nor DEFINE you…but they can REFINE you if you let them.
8. Give yourself permission to receive the very things you say you want. You’re worthy! Walk in this knowledge. Embrace it! TRUST it! YOUR dreams are YOURS for a reason.
9. Give yourself permission to celebrate yourself. The big wins, the small wins and everything in between. Sing your song. Dance to your own rhythm. Pat yourself on the back. Nobody but YOU and the Creator knows what it really took for you to be where you are. Go ‘head…STRUT!
10. Give yourself permission to BE love. To be LOVED. To be LOVING. To love with your whole heart. Just as you were created. Give yourself permission to begin an all-out,fullcourt press, passionate, never-ending love affair with yourself. Give yourself permission to love all of who you are, where you are, where you’ve been, and where you’re headed and for all the bridges that helped cross you over. Give yourself permission not only to FALL in love with the person in the mirror but to GROW into a deeper love with that person each and every day. Give yourself permission to simply be your beautifully human, unique, loving self. The world holds space for you. Show up!
The bottom line is this: Stop waiting for some thing or some one outside of yourself to give YOU permission to be who you are, to live the life you want, to build your dreams. You woke up this morning. Consider THAT your permission slip from the Universe.
Get busy living!
Filed Under: The Journey