About the Author:
I love the statement on that tea bag: “Appreciate yourself and honor your soul”. It reminds me that my number one priority this year is to practice RADICAL Self-Care. Honoring yourself, treating yourself lovingly, is the very core of self-care. It sets the foundation for all the relationships in your life. It helps you position yourself for purpose and all other blessings in your life.
So, how do you honor yourself? I mean honor and self-care that’s DEEPER than hair/nail appointments, massages, girls night/guys night out. I mean the kind of “honor yourself” that soothes your soul, eases your mind, lays a foundation of peace for your life. The kind of “honor yourself” that illustrates the love, respect and appreciation you have for yourself – mind, body, soul – and for your life and those in it.
How can you honor yourself? Try these things:
1. Honor yourself by valuing your time and that of others. Time is a precious resource. Don’t waste it.
2. Honor yourself by growing your dreams, your goals, your vision. Dream BIG. Build BIGGER.
3. Honor your purpose. There is something that the world needs that only YOU are uniquely qualified to deliver. Stop running FROM it. Step into it. It’s your birthright – no matter how small or insignificant it might appear to others. It matters. YOU matter.
4. Honor your breath. Too many of us move through Life holding our breath. BREATHE. Breathing connects you to the world around you. Sit in silence. Center yourself. Find your breath. Let THAT be your prayer.
5. Honor yourself by recognizing and honoring the GodSource within yourself. Tap into your divinity.
6. Honor your truth. Be your authentic self. At all times. Own your truth. Let yourself be grounded and guided by the beautiful, power and freedom that YOUR truth can bring.
7. Honor yourself by committing to being your best, by committing to always growing, always evolving. Challenge your comfort zones – don’t let that zone become a rut…or worse, a grave. Grow yourself.
8. Honor yourself by pushing past your fears into the reality you desire. Fear is an illusion.
9. Honor yourself by taking action to create what you want. Believe that you deserve it.
10. Honor yourself by moving to your own rhythm, setting your own pace, following your own unique path.
11. Honor yourself by asking for help when you need it and accepting it when offered.
12. Honor yourself by admitting when you don’t know and finding ways to educate yourself.
13. Honor yourself by forgiving others for any pain they may have caused you. Forgive yourself for your role in bringing about that pain or allowing it.
14. Honor yourself by being clear about who you are, what you need
15. Honor yourself by taking the time to truly get to know yourself, by trusting yourself, by loving yourself.
16. Honor your path, your journey, your destiny by shrugging off fear, stepping out of your comfort zone.
17. Honor yourself by loving yourself just as you are – flaws and all. Know that there is nothing wrong with you, that you are whole, complete and divine just as the Creator designed you.
18. Honor yourself by making better choices in this moment than you may have made previously. You are not defined nor confined by your choices. Take a breath. Clear your mind. Calm your heart. Choose again.
19. Honor yourself by being honest with yourself, about yourself. Face your truths. All of them. See them for what they are. No matter how painful they may be, know that you have the chance to begin again at every moment.
20. Honor yourself by releasing anything and anyone that doesn’t serve you, that doesn’t support your growth, that robs you of your peace.
21. Honor yourself by letting go of what’s over. There is no need to revive it or memorialize it. Just let go. Something better is on the way. Let go. Get ready. Be open. Let it in.
22. Honor yourself by creating and maintaining boundaries in your life.
23. Honor yourself by asking for help when you need it and creating space in your life for that help to show up. Anything less is dishonorable to self and community. AND letting those who can assist you do so is blocking not only YOUR blessing but theirs.
24. Honor yourself by practicing forgiveness. Do this for your OWN sake, your own sanity, your own spirit. Forgive and then move forward with peace in your heart.
25. Honor yourself practicing gratitude each and every day. We all have many blessings in our lives. Sometimes we’re so deep into the day-to-day, we loose sight of that fact. Promise yourself to look at your life, your relationships, your challenges (yes…your CHALLENGES) with new eyes. Truly SEE what’s there. Appreciate it.
When you honor yourself, you honor others….those who’ve gone before you to make where you are possible, those who stand beside you now in love and support, those who come behind you using your story as a guide.
When you honor yourself, you make it possible to make the best choices for yourself at all times. You can move through your life confidently, grounded and at peace with YOU which enables you to extend the same courtesy to others.
More about Self-Care in future posts. But for now, tell me, how do YOU honor yourself? Let’s start a revolution, shall we?